100 Word Challenge – inspiration is the word Dirt
My apartment is filthy. Dirt has infiltrated my apartment. It could be worse, of course, but it is bad enough. However, I do not have the energy since the Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is sucking out every bit of strength I have to survive and get out of bed for a while each day. Doing just a simple wipe down knocks me out.
I finally had to ask my daughter to please help me clean this place up. I am supposed to keep it tidy. We have inspections.
Today was the first day. It needed more than a minor pick up.
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome sucks the very life out of you. If you don’t have it you have no idea how much it sucks out of you. Add that to the pain that I suffer 24/7 and have for over 40 years and life just doesn’t seem much fun or worth living.
My daughter and her 2 children helped me immensely today. At least at a glance, things look better except for the clutter and all my notes from my books and writing all over the place. I also need her organizing skills. Paper is piling up in large piles. I paid the 2 grandchildren for their time.
1) I provide a one-word prompt.
2) Write anything you want using that prompt, either as inspiration or as part of your 100 Words. (That means you don’t have to actually use the prompt word, it can be implied.)
3) Your story has to be EXACTLY 100 words (because someone will ask, hyphenated words count as a single word.) This is the one rule I will be a stickler about.
4) Submit your story here as a comment, as a Facebook status, or as a blog post. (Add the specific FB status or post’s URL to the Mr. Linky list just under the prompt.)
5) If you write a blog post, please link back to this post. It makes it easier for me and the other Wordsters to find you.
6) You have one week to write your story and link up (The link stays open, so you can really submit stories whenever… this is the one rule I don’t really enforce.)
Advocate for mental health and invisible illnesses, also a devout Christian