100 Word Challenge – inspiration is the word chatter
“Your report card never changes. ‘Great Student, but chatters way too much. Disrupts the Class.’ It hardly ever varies.”
“Oh, mom and dad it could be worse. At least I don’t smoke in the girl’s room.”
“And you better not start either.”
“I’m a good student, and everyone knows that including my teachers. I can’t help the chatting in class, though.”
“How hard is it to keep your mouth closed during class? You have all of recess to talk to them.”
“Recess is for talking to my other friends who aren’t in my class.”
“Oh Terri, won’t you ever learn?”
And the obvious answer is no I will never learn. I talked all through school. My mother in exasperation of the constant phone calls because of my talking finally told that teacher then she should just move the other student because when they moved me I picked up my books and slammed them on the other desk. Wouldn’t it be easier to just move that other student? She shocked the teacher who had never thought about it.
1) I provide a one-word prompt.
2) Write anything you want using that prompt, either as inspiration or as part of your 100 Words. (That means you don’t have to actually use the prompt word, it can be implied.)
3) Your story has to be EXACTLY 100 words (because someone will ask, hyphenated words count as a single word.) This is the one rule I will be a stickler about.
4) Submit your story here as a comment, as a Facebook status, or as a blog post. (Add the specific FB status or post’s URL to the Mr. Linky list just under the prompt.)
5) If you write a blog post, please link back to this post. It makes it easier for me and the other Wordsters to find you.
6) You have one week to write your story and link up (The link stays open, so you can really submit stories whenever… this is the one rule I don’t really enforce.)
Advocate for mental health and invisible illnesses, also a devout Christian
Author – http://www.finallyawriter.com (this blog contains my old work mostly although occasionally I do add something new here), new work is mainly on this blog http://www.tessacandoit.com
Author of a book, a work in progress on the blog, https://tessacandoit.com/government-property-a-memoir-as-a-military-wife/
Highlighted chapters are done and ready to be read.